Fix Outlook PST error 0x80040116
Outlook PST error 0x80040116
Are you getting a common Outlook PST error 0x80040116 during sending and receiving e-mails? It restricts to communicate the stored PST data with the server and doesn’t allow the user to avail all features of MS Outlook. We are going to discuss on this issue to resolve it. For more help, the user can talk to our executive on Outlook Customer Service number +1877-424-6647.
This error message can be seen on screen as:
Why occur Outlook PST error 0x80040116?
This error occurs due to following reasons:
· Corruption of header file.
· Improper closing of MS Outlook.
· Bulky Outlook mailbox.
· Damage and corruption of PST files due to which lost data can't be recovered.
· Virus and malware detection
How to fix the Outlook PST error 0x80040116?
There are some of the following relevant methods to fix this error as:
Method 1: Create new Outlook PST file
- · Open “Control Panel”, then click on icon “Mail”.
- · Select option “Show Profiles” in Mail setup Wizard
- · Select “Properties”, then click on “Data files”.
- · Open Wizard setting and select “set as default”.
- · Under “email” tab, click on “New”.
- In New account Wizard, enable an option “Email Account” and fill all necessarily required credentials.
Now profile has been created.
· Enable the option “Always use this profile”.
Method 2: An inbuilt PST repair utility “scanpst.exe” has been given by Microsoft to corrupt PST file.
It works well but it may fail due to various limitations for the free tool as follows:
- · It is not able to repair directory structure and headers of PST file.
- · File size limit is 2GB for older Outlook version.
- The runtime error occurs during PST file repair.
- · Failed to repair deleted or lost folder.
It is also important to note that failure of Inbox tool will cause data loss.
To avoid this, the user has to opt for Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair.
Hope that this article will be worthy and helpful to fix this issue. For further help, the user can contact to our executive on Outlook Helpline number +1877-424-6647.